Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Week

♫ It’s been one week since you heard from me
Read about my dog and said she’s crazy!
Five days since you laughed at me saying
This girl needs some serious help please! ♫

If you're not familiar with the Barenaked Ladies that probably seems extremely random.  If you're not familiar with the crazy way in which my mind works the rest of this post will probably seem extremely random as well.  So its been a week has it?  My dog is fine by the way.  Lets see what else has been going on lately...

Ok so we'll start with my new favorite guilty pleasure t.v. show--The Sing Off on NBC.  I love it!  It is a happy, upbeat show.  Its fun and you can dance and sing along.  Also, there is an amazingly talented and uber cute group from Alabama called Committed.  Here are the reasons why I love them and want them to win:

1)  They are all super smiley and happy
2)  They seem genuinely humble and appreciative of their opportunity to sing on a national stage
3)  The big one looks a lot like Terrence Cody
and 4)  They are crazy talented 

check them out on youtube!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDwsouD7Zg&feature=related  How can you not love them?!


On a sad note my brother had to move down to New Orleans this week.  He's working on a job down there and will be gone for a few months.  Sure we're both in our 20's and its normal to live far apart from your siblings at this point, but my family isn't normal by any stretch of the imagination.  Luckily we got to spend a good bit of quality time as a family before he left.  And for our family quality time usually involves game time.  Our latest board game obsession has been Clue.  And let me just say if you haven't played Clue with my family you are missing out.  My sister provided most of the laughs while playing this past week.  From her 'detective intuition' to her deductive reasoning skills--"Well I'm in the kitchen so it must have been Colonel Mustard"--she kept us in stitches the entire time.  I'm thinking about going to NOLA for New Years with my bff so if that works out I'll get to see my brother then!  And he'll be home for Christmas of course, which leads me to harmonicas.

Harmonicas?  Yes harmonicas.  The day my brother left my dad gathered the family around for a quick surprise...he got everyone their very own harmonica!  My brother was on his way out the door but we all got to try them out for a few minutes.  His birthday is the day after Christmas and my sister and I have decided that we are going to learn to play 'Happy Birthday' by the time he comes home.  She has already mastered 'When the Saints Go Marching In'.  All I've mastered is dancing around and doing a pretty sweet Stevie Wonder impression minus actually sounding like Stevie Wonder.  

So lets see, we've covered The Sing Off, brother moving, family game night, and harmonicas.  That pretty much sums up what's been going on other than getting ready for graduation.  2 days until graduation! Then only 21 days until I move.  After that this blog may actually even cover what I started it for...chronicling my adventure as a resident advisor.  Until then you'll just have to endure my ramblings :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment