Sunday, March 6, 2011

You're an Old Bear

Saturday was my 23rd birthday!  Twenty three isn't that old.  So why is it I feel so old?  Oh, maybe its because I live with 1,000 18 year olds.  I have never felt older in my entire life.  I'm not complaining, its just a new feeling for me.  Most of my life my friends have always been older than me.  I've always been the youngest in my groups of friends so being the oldest is very different.  However, two of my favorite girls in the building are the youngest residents of all;  My community directors two little girls.  Ages 2 and 4.  They're adorable and as if I wasn't feeling old enough already the 4 year old had a lot to say about my age this week.

A few days before my birthday I decided to ask her how old she thought I was.
"How old do you think I'm going to be Saturday?"
"9?"
"No"
"8?"
"No, higher"
"98?"
"No, I'm going to be 23"
"23!! How old are you now?!"

I love that 98 seemed like a perfectly normal guess but 23 was such a shock.  Then a few days later I went to hang out with a friend in the building and she was babysitting the two cuties.  They were watching the Care Bears.  First off, I don't know if any of you have watched the Care Bears lately but what happened? They've gotten so creepy.  Gone are the sweet old school cartoon bears.  They've been replaced by a more digital version of which I am not a fan.  Anyway the bears all have names such as Share Bear, Grumpy Bear, Messy Bear and so on.  When Messy Bear came on I asked one of the girls, "Are you a messy bear?" to which she responded "No, I'm a cute bear." I then asked her what kind of bear I was and she said "You're and Old Bear."  Oh the honesty of a child.  Got to love it.  

Since I was on call on my actual birthday I decided to go home on my birthday eve and see my family for a little bit.  Had birthday lunch at Joel's, my favorite mom n' pop place from back home, got a couple of Birthday surprises, and then had dinner with a friend.  Her brother-in-law is the head chef at a restaurant so we got yummy freebies and an awesome discount.  One of my birthday surprises was that my mom and dad are going to pay for my tickets to see the Atlanta Braves with mi amigos during their first two home games this season!  So excited!  I love all of my Bravo Boys but my favorites are definitely Martín Prado and Jason Heyward.  We have tickets for two games and we're sitting behind one of them at each game.  Alright, my desk time is almost up and I need to go do some school work.  If you love the Braves too you should check out Braves Love.  Its a fun Braves fan site from a female perspective.  Good night all, have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment