Friday, February 11, 2011

Home is where the heart is.

Alright, this post is about to get super sappy so if you're only here for the stories of my colorful residents go ahead and stop reading now.  I drove home today for the weekend and as I sit in my bedroom after a night of hanging out with my family I've been thinking about how nice it is to come home.  To have a place to go to no matter what else is happening.  Aside from moving to college (both times) I have lived in the same house my entire life.  And while I associate my physical surroundings with my idea of home I'm really starting to understand that as cliché as it may sound "home is where the heart is."

Home is hugging your mom so tightly you think you both might pop.
Home is a kiss on the forehead from your dad as he asks if your car is holding up alright.
Home is hanging out with your brother and sister and not wishing you were with your friends instead.
Home is the familiar thumping of your dogs' tails as they greet you like you never left.
Home is dropping your bags, kicking off your shoes, and letting your hair down the minute you enter the door.
Home is a bundle of love, wrapped in a bear hug, sealed with a kiss, and bound by intertwining hearts.
Home is where the heart is.

I am so, so very lucky to have a home for my heart.  I believe that aside from God, my family is the sole reason for any success I have had in life be it big or small.  That's the main reason why I'm pursuing a career in social work.  I want to help as many children as possible find the home that I've been blessed to know.

 Ok, enough of this mushy stuff.  Here's some funny family pictures to lighten the mood...
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment